Sunday, June 26, 2022

My Little Hair Salon. . . For Ponies

 I think we know where this is going. . .

So, I had like, ALL the G3 My Little Ponies as a kid in the 2000s. G3 stands for Generation 3, so basically it was the 3rd series of My Little Pony toys released. Here's an example:

G3 Rainbow Dash:

So I had, like all the ponies (not really lol but a lot), and I kept them all in this Rainbow Dash backpack that I can't find a picture of. Not even under the list of all the rainbow dash merchandise. Or even ebay. AGGHHHH. But basically it was a Rainbow Dash Backpack that had wheels and a handle like on a suitcase. And in it was alllll my ponies. Now, eventually I got rid of them because I was kind of done with them, and my mom thought, we could always get more, but then it all changed and they stopped making the good ones. Thankfully I saved my favorites and my castle. Here's my castle and the stock photos of my favs. I saved:






So basically, we regret getting rid of them, because they stopped making them. So recently, we saw the thrift store had a bunch of them, so we bought them. And then the good ol COV happened so my hobby was ebay shopping for ponies. But of course, if you've had a g3 Pony, you know that their hair doesn't last long, even with a kid like me who took really good care of toys. So I made myself a hair salon in my living room and worked on the ponies while watching I Love Lucy with my mom. So I tried to take some before and after (and during) pictures:

 Desert Rose


Daffidazey


 
Rainbow Flash


Cotton Candy



Tea Leaf
 


Pinkie Pie


Winterberry



Strawberry Surprise


Sweetberry


Butter Pop

 
So you must be wondering what my secret techniques are. The magical ways in which I remove the marks on the ponies and tame their wild hair. It's not really a secret. For the hair I just use shampoo and conditioner to clean and detangle the hair. Use a strong wire brush and if you're really struggling to detangle the hair, brush it while the conditioner is in. Use clips, bobby pins, pencils, etc. to curl the hair if desired. Some ponies will have completely frizzed hair, and at that point the best thing you can do is braid the hair like I did with this extra Rainbow Flash:
 
 
For the marks, I use a liquid soft scrub with oxi cleaner that can be seen in the background of this picture:
I just squirt a little into that little red ceramic dish and scrub the ponies with a toothbrush. It doesn't remove everything, as you can see by the pink on Winterberry's chest:

But it will take away certain marks really good (the ones that haven't bleed into the pony like in Winterberry's case):


If you know anything about My Little Pony, please indulge me by commenting your favorite pony below. Mine are Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Some of the final photos were from a photoshoot I did with all the finished ponies, and I think I'll try and post some of the other photos at some point, there were a lot of good ones.

 ♪My Little Pony♪

-H.M.S. Mando

No comments:

Post a Comment