Sunday, July 26, 2020

July's Music: Puttin' On The Ritz

So I found a great song called July but it has nothing to do with July but I loved the song so bam! I'm finding some good songs from doing this.

July by  Noah Cyrus

Alrighty-dighty. LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!
♪everybody dance now♪
(ya'll better have gotten that reference)

Stars by  Grace Potter
I heard this on The Voice, and sadly the person couldn't hit the word "stars" in the chorus well, so it was a bit sad. Then I kind of remembered liking it and I was like, yeah, I should look this up. And I did and I love it.

Something That I Want by  Grace Potter
Then I somehow made the connection that Grace Potter wrote Something That I Want from Tangled's credits and I was like OH YEAH. I love this song, just don't always remember it exists.

Fool by  Cavetown
So one of my friends and I exchange music regularly (you know who you are), and she was like, "Song. Lemon Boy. By Cavetown. Good." No she doesn't talk like a caveman. Point being. I saw the album art when we looked up the song on Youtube and I was like OH!!! I know a song by them that I like! So I pulled that up after listening to Lemon Boy and YAH. I was like, I like this song I just forgot. So yay.

Somebody That I Used To Know by  Gotye
I love this song, how he blends his voice for the chorus and the power in the chorus is just great!

Puttin' On The Ritz by  Taco
This isn't the original (which was from the 1930s or whatever), but this 80s redo of it is catchy! For the curious, I'll put the original below. Apparently it comes from the slang phrase "to put on the ritz" which means to dress fashionably.



That's all folks!