Tuesday, May 11, 2021

AnMOS (Another Mess of Stories)

 So. You all are going to be happy for me, 'cause I got a "new" car! YAYAYAY.
 

It's a I30 Infiniti :) It's like, 20 million years old. It looks like this (this isn't it, it's just a photo I found online)

Anyway. I've been a bit busy and not inspired to blog. I literally have like, 6 posts I've started and never finished. I've been doing cakes and other creative stuff. So here's just a few random stories.
 
    So here's a homeschooler story for you. I think I don't know if I've said this, but I was homeschooled start to finish. And I have mentioned that I did that college class last fall.
    Heh, you should see where this is going.
    So, day one I walk in and sit down. I'm waiting for class to start, obviously nervous 'cause this is a big step in life and. . . K, I know how school works. I've been to co-op and I've watched movies, so I do know how it works.
    But I guess I just wasn't ready for the bell to ring, and I jumped out of my skin.
 
 
    I know, I didn't call out or anything. Thankfully. And I mostly just jerked in place, but I felt like I hit the ceiling.
 
    So here's another homeschooler story.
    So, Escape Rooms, am I right? 


     Escape Rooms are, well, rooms that you try to escape.
 
 
    I know, you'd never have guessed.
    So we went to an Escape Room for my birthday that was Titanic themed. There was 5 of us (cough, homeschoolers, the whole lot of us) and we were split into 2 rooms. Me and my friend in one, and the boys in the other room. And we were doing good, we had gotten lots of codes, and we were ready to start trying them on the locks. And um. . .
    Homeschoolers.
    We don't use lockers.
    And thus, none of us knew how to use the locks.
    One of the boys kind of knew how, and we asked the guy running it over the Bell telephone they had in the room for us, but I'm not good at taking complicated verbal instructions and translating them into actions. So basically, we somehow made it out into the hallway, but we definitely didn't make it out.
    The guy was talking to us afterwards, and we asked him to show us how to use the lock, and he said, "it's just a basic school lock."
    Keyword, "school."
    I was in the back of the group (the room was a bit narrow so we were kind of lined up and I was in the back) so I leaned out and said, "we're homeschoolers."
    And the guy was like, "oh."
    He had no reply other than that. And I mean, I don't blame him. Every person in America knows how to work a school lock. Just not us freshly graduated (or almost graduated) homeschoolers. So that was hilarious.
 
 So yeah, I'm going to post this now 'cause I won't get back to it so we'll talk later!
 
Life is short, carry a big gun, make life shorter  -H.M.S. Mando

No comments:

Post a Comment