Wednesday, June 24, 2020

FOMO

   What is FOMO?
   Well, see, FOMO stands for Fear Of Missing Out. Basically, the grass is always greener on the other side that one can't actually see. It's the thing of, "I'm tired, so I don't want to go to so&so's party. Oh but what if other-so&so is there?! And what if they have all the fun without me?! I'll just go." Then they usually have a horrible time 'cause they're too exhausted and the party wasn't all that great any way.
    So FOMO is being afraid that you're going to miss out something. Raise your hand if you have it!

( Me: )

    Enneagram 7s are classic FOMOs. And as we know, I'm an Enneagram 7.
    Now, it's not as bad as it sounds. Yeah, it's hard, but it honestly means that I miss out on a lot less things than other people do. Like if a person doesn't go to aforementioned party, but the next day every one's texting and saying, "Man, you shoulda been there!" "It was so much fun!" etc. So I don't miss out on much, but I'm often really worn out from not missing things.
    But the reason I was doing this post, was to give you an example of FOMO from my life. Specifically, this morning.
    So I was driving to work and I was struggling to find something on the radio. I have 6 shortcuts for the radio, but I don't like 3 of them. It's a long story. But I leave them there for now. The other 3 play 1) mostly 80s music, but some other stuff, 2) 80s, 90s, & Today, and 3) mostly 80s. Between the 3 of them, I can usually find something I like.
    But today it wasn't happening. I stuck with the second mostly 80s radio and finally More Than A Feeling came on. I do like More Than A Feeling, it's in Herbie Fully Loaded (which I've watched forever), but I wouldn't say it was my favorite-est of all music. I do like it. As I was listening to it, I started thinking about changing the radio. It wasn't that I got bored, but for all I knew the 80s, 90s, & Today one was playing Someone You Loved (My fav. song that will be on the radio).
    FOMO. I was afraid that while I was listening to a song I liked, another radio station was playing my favorite song.
    Sad I know.
    So any way.
    Please share a FOMO experience in the comments.
    This is More Than A Feeling by Boston for those who haven't heard it:


Dairy Queen. Fan food, not fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment