Saturday, January 9, 2021

CAAAKKKEEE (Cake Wrap Up #2)

 I know I promised I would post pictures of my cakes regularly and I. . . haven't. And you guys were probably like:
So. . . sorry.
 
The thing is, I have a little Cosmos 3 Sliding Phone. It doesn't take great pictures. Here's a stock photo of it when it's open:
 
So like I said, it doesn't take great pictures AND getting pictures OFF of it is a pain in the neck.
So I'm sorry, but I'm just going to dump like, IDK, 50 pictures of the cakes I've been doing (that's probably an exaggeration. . . or maybe not haha) (okay I counted them once I got them in, and there's like 42, so go through them fast). Also, they aren't going to be in order sorry. There's like, 5 monster cakes in there, but they're completely out of order so it's probably hard to see the progression of how I've gotten better at them.


I know the writing is off center, but she didn't want Happy Birthday on it 'cause she had a banner thing or something to put on the cake. But that meant it was really hard for me to center it. But otherwise, I and SO FREAKIN PROUD OF THIS CAKE. I love the colors to death. And those were some of my best piped roses.








I'm not kidding you, the cake above is something the customer asked for, word for word. You can't even really see the Happy Birthday edible paper on the sides. It's a pumpkin pie blizzard cake. I only













My first monster cake:)



Above is a Snickers cake I did for a party I went to. I didn't just put snickers in, I put extra chocolate chunks, peanuts, and caramel. And drenched, I mean drenched, the top with snickers and the extras. It was amazing.
Above is the only Banana Split Cake I've ever had to do and I loved every second of making it. Like I want this for my birthday. The funny thing was, the guy who usually works in Chill with me is always like, "You'd be surprised what you can flip!" (Cause we're supposed to flip blizzards when they go to customers) But I'm not kidding you, I blend this thing and it is WET (Because of the pineapple and strawberry liquid). But I hear his \ voice in my head (it's like 9:30 in the morning and like, nobody is there) and I just go for it. And I totally lost the top of the blizzard and it fell on the counter.
This story makes me laugh, literally every time. I wish I could've seen this from third-person. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so funny. I told the Chill guy when he got there later and he laughed, and he's like, "You can't flip EVERYTHING."
 

   So, I'm sorry, I have to tell you the story of the Spider-man one. So DQ does Door Dash, right? Right. So, you can Door Dash a basic cake as long as we have it out in the case. But some people try to Door Dash a custom cake, and most people have the smarts to be like, "Hmmmm, our cake decorator is here, but there's no way she could do a custom cake in five minutes." And they decline the order. Yeah. Most people.
    But cough, I'm not going to name any names, but let's just say this person has been mentioned on this blog a while ago, but let's just say "Bob" hit the accept button. Then he came back to my area (where I was cleaning up to LEAVE, mind you) and ask my to do a SPIDER-MAN CAKE aghhhhh. So I ask, "How long do I have?" Thinking I'll probably get like 15 mins or something. And Bob's like, "Uh, well, five minutes." So I told him it wouldn't be done five minutes, and so he asked if he should call the lady and say it was going to take longer than that, and I was like, yeah. I was pretty ticked off, and I tried to be nice, but also merciless so he understood he could NEVER do this to me again (This had happened once before but less complicated than spider-man). Basically, he kind of stood in the back while I worked on it, and acted all guilty. He had the nerve to say, "I guess next time I'll just have to be mean and say we can't do it," and I didn't even look up from my piping and said, "Yup." So I think he learned his lesson. But anyway. That's the story behind the rushed Spider-man cake that I thought actually turned out pretty decent!


The bloody one above I'm proud of because it's the cherry cone coating haha. I thought I was so brilliant!

Half and half cake. Cookie dough on the left and oreo on the right

All those years of drawing My Little Ponies finally paid off!

A teenage girl brought a picture in of this one above. I was really proud of close to the original picture.

As usual, please tell me your favorites of the cakes above because I like knowing what people like :)
(Some of these are from our website and I had to copy them. Others I improvised and some customers asked for very specifics, just so you know).

Eat More Chikin'

1 comment:

  1. The cakes all look delicious. :) I love the monster and the spider web one.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete