Thursday, April 9, 2020

Howl's Moving Castle Art Competition

FLOABT ©
(For lack of a better title)

   Some of you may not be familiar with Howl's Moving Castle. It's a movie by Studio Ghibli, kind of the Disney of Japan. Whilst I like some of the Studio Ghibli films, Howl's Moving Castle isn't my favorite. In fact, I've only seen it once a year or so ago. So when I got the invite for the competition I was a bit disappointed that it was Howl's Moving Castle and not like Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, or Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind or something.
   Howl's Moving Castle is about a girl named Sophie, she's about 18, and at the beginning of the movie gets cursed. The curse makes her old, like 90 or something. So she goes to the wizard Howl to get the curse lifted. I don't really remember exactly how it all happens, I didn't bother to watch it again for the competition. . . I know, but it's a freakin' 2 hour movie! Anyway, he doesn't lift the curse either because he can't or whatever, and it's the adventure that ensues. It's a really cool movie in one way, and a lot of girls my age when I was in highschool LOVED it. I was just like, "eh." It's really abstract, and weird. With a bizarre side story. It's just. . . yeah. I wouldn't recommend it. But if you want to get an idea here's the posters, some shots from the movie, and a link to the english trailer:










Trailer (the trailer is just as weird as the movie):

   Visually it's a gorgeous! It's an amazing movie for artists to have a competition off of! But personally I would've preferred a different movie choice. The others I named are beautifully stunning as well.
   The competition was being put on by Fan Factory in association with Her Universe and Hot Topic, if I'm correct. It's a bit confusing. The judges are Ashley Eickstein herself, the President of the Miyazaki fan club (Hayao Miyazaki is the founder of Studio Ghibli and like makes all the movies), and some guy who's the head of Hot Topic or something like that, and the head design manager or whatever of Her Universe Noelle Wagner I think.
   Point being I entered:) Deadline was last night. We were given pretty much a whole month. I started last Sunday. I got it in with 38 mins. to spare. . .
   I know what you're thinking. . .
   Anyway, here is the design I ended up with:


If you would like, I would greatly appreciate it if you would vote for it on their website! The voting is only through the 13th SO HURRY!!! :) :) :) The vote button is in the top left corner, it's red, and you can't miss it! Tanks, here is the link: LINK!!!

Catch The Wave! Coca-Cola.



2 comments:

  1. UPDATE:It asks for your email when you vote, so no pressure to vote, sorry :( Didn't realize that till this morning.

    ReplyDelete