Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Star Wars: For Those Who Have Died





I have serious problems, I know.

For Those Who Have Died was a simple short story that was actually written off of the title I'd come up with. I thought, this sounds like a cool title, and made a short story off it. So here is my sweet little short story. :)


For Those Who Have Died         HomeschooledMando


    Today we celebrate the brave heroes who brought the Empire to its knees. It is Endor Day. Three years ago the Rebel fleet amassed in preparation to strike the Death Star. On this very day, a commando team inserted onto Endor and attacked an Imperial Bunker in hopes of lowering the shield that protected the Death Star. This brave act would allow the Rebel Fleet to attack.
    We all know how it ended.
    That day we gained heroes, figure heads, and leaders. Ones we still celebrate. But I want this ceremony to not be for the heroes we thank day-by-day, but for those who have died. The countless brave souls that fought for our freedom. We are free this day because they took a stand−learned to fight and fly. Pilots and gunners attacked the second Death Star, but not without great fear. They attacked knowing they could be dead before the next day. When I think back to my days in the Rebellion, I do not see the heroes. . . I think of those who died. Who put trillions of lives above their own.
    And may the Force be with them all. They who were brave. They who were selfless.
    Political leaders to soldiers, Mon Calamari to Ishi Tib, smugglers to princesses−every one of us united against evil.
    And so today I challenge you to not only raise up the heroes, but to also remember the fallen. This day was meant for them. A day to honor their sacrifice, and celebrate what came from it.
    A day for those who have died.

                                                                                      -Leia Organa Solo, Endor Day, 8 ABY


Little Caesar's, Pizza Pizza